The Radley Lakes area benefits from a wide diversity of habitats including:
- Deep lakes, Thrupp and Bullfield favoured by a wide variety of ducks and grebes
- Small woods including some wet woodland.
- Areas of unimproved grassland
- Flyash pits which are partially flooded and attract dabbling duck and wading birds, some of which breed there.
- Areas of reedbed, which host Reed Warbler and Reed Bunting breed and a Bittern can be seen sometimes in Winter
- There are also numerous small ponds and shallow lakes in the area .